Monday, March 2, 2009

An easy 28 miles

This past saturday I completed my first Team in Training group ride. The ride was a 28 mile out-n-back around Chatsfield Resevoir in SW Denver. Temps were in the 30's when we started and warmed up to about 45 by the time we ended. Regardless, layers and gloves were required. Overall, the ride was fairly flat. However, on the one big hill up the dam road, I found that my bike needs a bit of tune-up as I couldn't shift off the big ring and had to muscle it up in 7th gear. Got got the heart pumping early. The training group is a great bunch of folks and fun to ride with. Looking forward upcoming rides and events with our local team.

Please help support me in my goal of raising $5,000 for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and my effort in completing a 100 mile "century" ride this summer by contributing generously to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The process is simple – please visit my fundraising website to make a secure online donation: http://pages.teamintraining.org/rm/ambbr09/hcrawford or you can send a check to me, 5906 Windemere Rd. Loveland, CO 80537 made payable to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. All donations are tax-deductible.

No comments:

Post a Comment